
When I answered the phone, it was husband speaking in hushed undertones. Often we had wondered how this business he had invested so much of his time in, had managed to stay afloat in such dire times as these. Now he spoke, voice soft, massaging dark, terrifying places, speaking of what we'd hoped we would never have to hear. Hours were being cut. He was now part-time employed. Like me.
"Boss says it's only for a couple months. Things have been slow."
"Boss says it's only for a couple months. Things have been slow."
Silence hangs in the air, hurting. Hope hides her face and anxiety takes her place.
But it's Christmas... "Sure", I answer trying to steady my voice, "We'll be fine".
Oswald Chambers
As I deliberate over morning coffee, and dead theologians, I again am amazed at the effect His cause has on my heart. Reading His words, I let them bathe parched dry places of my soul. But I stop short.
Familiar Words are given new life. Vineger waking dead tastebuds. As I eat them taking in all they say, reality sinks in. "Without Faith it is impossible to please God". In my complacency, have I not pleased Him?
To please Him I must do things that require Faith, to show who He is; provider, supplier, benefactor, my ever-present help in times of need. To please Him I must depend, and to depend I must move....move into places of fear.
But it's Christmas... "Sure", I answer trying to steady my voice, "We'll be fine".
Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose
ways you may not understand at the time.
Oswald Chambers
As I deliberate over morning coffee, and dead theologians, I again am amazed at the effect His cause has on my heart. Reading His words, I let them bathe parched dry places of my soul. But I stop short.
Without Faith, it is impossible to please God.
Hebrews 11:6
Familiar Words are given new life. Vineger waking dead tastebuds. As I eat them taking in all they say, reality sinks in. "Without Faith it is impossible to please God". In my complacency, have I not pleased Him?
God exists absolutely. He did not come into being and will never go
out of being. He is not becoming or growing or changing. He said, "I am who I
am" (Exodus 3:14). That is his name. He absolutely is. Therefore, He is pleased
when this absolute existence is known and embraced. He is pleased when what He
is, is reflected in our lives.
John Piper
It is impossible to please God unless I do the things that I'm afraid of...
Ann Voskamp
Truth grabs me and I wrap its blessedness around me like a warm blanket. He wants me to trust Him, to let Him show me who He is, to let Him show me His magnificence, and his LOVE.
Father Provider, help me to take that first step. To press into my fear, to leap into my unknown, to break through faith with arms wide open to the vastness of your prescense.
Keep me Seeking Higher Ground. Building faith stones of remembrance that keep ascending to a monument of your magnificence and your Love.
Always Seeking,
Nora
Father Provider, help me to take that first step. To press into my fear, to leap into my unknown, to break through faith with arms wide open to the vastness of your prescense.
Keep me Seeking Higher Ground. Building faith stones of remembrance that keep ascending to a monument of your magnificence and your Love.
Always Seeking,
Nora

This is beautiful Nora. I've wanted to do so much more with my blog - more than photography. This feels like what I've wanted, but couldn't quite accomplish. It's personal - I want to be more personal on mine! Love you - your friend Carolyn
ReplyDelete