
She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.
~Proverbs 31:12
It has been a gradual journey, this realization that this precious gift of a loving and happy marriage relationship, this most precious of earthly blessings has been and is completely the Lord's gift, the Lord's doing. My husband and I look at our being together as part of our dependence on God, and it is when our relationship undergoes assaults by the flesh, the devil, and the world that we realize how uncannily perfect we fit, and how much this marriage has brought forth, though sometimes painfully, from us.
Gratefulness would be inadequate to describe how I feel about having Paul as my companion in life, and I credit God for giving me a husband who has taught me about God's forgiveness, grace, and patience. I grew up believing the fairy tales about romantic love and its promises... But only with God at the center of love instead of me, can marriage can be brought to its deepest and truest fruition, bringing with it more than any fairy tale could. I fully and completely rest in the knowledge that he was the one I was waiting for.
Happiness has to rest on something so much higher and deeper and even more full than the love of husband or children. Storms and Valleys can only show this...Happiness has to come from the inner joy of being chosen by God. Therein lies the peace, the deliverence we seek...and with it the ability to love the way He loves...sacrificially. I'm still trying to learn this...
It's such a long road, I am an imperfect creature, so wayward, foolish, and horribly selfish. I must remember that marriage is the picture of Christ and His bride...and to not let Satan conquer, seperate or diminish that picture that God made marriage to represent. Nothing can seperate me from the love of Christ, and I will fight to not let anything ever seperate me from the love of my husband.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38,39
Always Seeking Higher Ground,
Nora

loved "so thankful he asked me"
ReplyDeletetouched my heart this morning~
have a blessed day!
What a sweet post for your Valentine! I am so convicted by the verse in Proverbs. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Stacey
You are so wise! Your comments are so timely and you speak truth about love and marriage and commitment. These are lessons I learned years into our marriage. Years into struggling and struggling.
ReplyDeleteGrace to you