Saturday, January 30, 2010

Giving Up













Many times the Road less traveled  is the only road available.



Give up the bitterness, the anger, the sadness, for what isn't, that you wish you had. And embrace the gift of what you do have. For therein is really what you want more of:   Joy
.~Elizabeth Elliot





Your ball may have gotten a hole, but look at the treasure you found hidden in the grass underneath the tree





 Your cricket may have died, but there is still someone else who needs you.




We may not have been able to afford Chinese take out this month, but look what was on sale.





Yum!
                                                     
 
Cold, icy days stuck indoors generates creativity




Economic downsizing can result in dream job...



And suffering grants new life



Lord, today, let me give up. Give up holding on to all that isn't... cause me to gratefully embrace what is. Because in embracing what You've given, I embrace You.



               Could I know more Joy?





 These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33 





God not only takes away the bitterness and gives sweetness in its place, but turns the bitterness into sweetness itself.
                 ~Charles Spurgeon




Always Seeking Higher ground,

Nora

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Nora ... full of encouragement to choose the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora, my name is Coleene and I am a friend of Maureen Blair. I also write to the glory of God. I love you blog, it speaks Truth and inspires! Thank you. I try to do the same in mine. Be blessed and know I am a new follower. CV

    ReplyDelete