I couldn't believe that God had entrusted us with such a beautiful baby boy.
He has given us a gentle, patient guide (the Holy Spirit) who is willing to go with us all the way, and come into the minutest steppings of our life.
~A.B. Simpson
"Time flies by quickly" so I have always heard "them" say.Everytime I look at my youngest, I realize over and over again how right "they" are. One day these boys of mine will be well on their way to becoming boy-men, and I'm sure the challenges of now will be considered simple compared to then.
I am continually reminded that this is just a season~this time that they are young.
This season of motherhood.
It's okay that things get ruined, that I never feel like I get enough sleep, and I never get to finish a novel without constant interruptions...It's even okay that our car looks like it came from the bario, and smells even worse. Or that the screen door has been ripped apart from the constant comings and goings, that there are sticky fingerprints on the TV set, or even that everyone looks nice for church when we walk in on Sunday, except for me.
because this life is not about me.
And it's been the best thing that could have happened.
Lord let me live this short season to the fullest. Keep me strong, selfless, and filled with Your grace and mercy. Help my children know without a doubt that my love for them is true, though imperfect. Pour out Your Spirit on my offspring, making them steadfast as trees firmly planted by Your flowing stream. Let them grow up to be fed by Your water...the water of Life so they don't thirst after unrighteousness, and temporary pleasures. Call them out of the world to be claimed as Your own, wholly devoted to You.
I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They shall spring up among the grass like willows by flowing streams. This one will say, 'I am the LORD’s,' another will call on the name of Jacob, and another will write on his hand, 'The LORD’s,' and name himself by the name of Israel.
~Isaiah 44:3b-5
Always Seeking Higher Ground,
Nora
Joining Ann @ Holy Experience and the rest of the Gratitude Community by continuing the counting of multitudes of blessings, and being ever so grateful. Keeping a List of a 1000 Gifts that paves a way to a life of thankfulness.
91.) strong, healthy boys
92.) His mercies that are new every morning
93.) friends and family gathered for birthdays
94.) God's wisdom learned from my children
95.) the Gratitude Community
96.) 2nd, 3rd, 4th..etc. chances
97.) the re-meeting of childhood friends
98.) His Guiding Hand
99.) a funny story that makes for a good laugh
100.) a Godly father who is courageous in pain.





I heard someone once say this about motherhood: the years fly by, but you can choke on a day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessed challenge we face, huh?
I love the pictures.